Saturday, April 2, 2011

Kiranji

Kiran was born in Bombay in April 1941 that he was foretold at a very young age by a palm-reader that he was destined to be a spiritual master that he studied Hindu philosophy at the Sanskrit College in Thane that his first guru was Pandurangshastri Athavale that he became a lecturer for Chinmayananda's Divine Life Society, that he was a disciple of Osho Rajneesh for 15 years, and that he was influenced by U. G. Krishnamurti's friendship and understanding about enlightenment, and finally that he got clarity to his misunderstandings once he came in touch with the Sufi's way of understanding and living life.

We also came to know that Kiran is an industrialist, that he has a wife, children and grandchildren that he lives in a very comfortable apartment in Pune, and that in 1993 he began to share his understanding with seekers from all over the world, either by sitting with
people in his residency in India or traveling abroad and meeting people from a number 0f countries.

However, I asked Kiran about his biography and he immediately said:
"I have no biography".

And when I insisted, reasoning that the book was requiring his biography, the answer was:

"I have no biography. This body has a biography, but this is not very important. Why insist on that? You can give your reflections about how it was when you met me and whatever you saw. That you can share, but there is no need of describing what kind of dreams I was into, what kind of dream I carried, now that the person to whom you are talking has no history, has no past and has no future. It is just living into this moment and this is the expression of life. It is a beautiful flower. You don't have to ask anything to a flower. You enjoy the beauty and the fragrance of the flower, and that is enough."

"You can just write down your reflections. It is very important for the people to understand, that this is just a game. So, don't take it seriously.
I am not interested in to go with this description of what kind of life I lived, or what kind of meditations I did, and how many gurus I have met. Maybe it is a part of life and l am not saying that I have forgotten it. But it has no meaning at all. I am unknown, still I do not know who I am, because there is no question of knowing who you are, but there is a question of wiping out whom you know as you are and finish the whole thing. Then what remain are your characters that you play, in the day-to-day life. If you ask me, I am a businessman, I go to the factory, I am a husband to my wife, I am a grandfather and father to my children, and that what is, that is all. I play these characters. But I don't know who I am. I am not whatever you call it. I know that I am not, that there is nobody there, that's all."

website "kiranji.com"

He left his body 30-03-2006

No comments:

Post a Comment